What is a role: Technical Account Manager?
Technical Account Managers (TAM) are the ones who execute the strategies to drive the customer adoption using AWS services. They will have a balanced mix of tech and customer facing skills as they will be working solely with the customer to drive discussion, work with senior leaders and look at risk management. They will provide the support for strategic tech direction and help to plan and build solutions around that direction.
What's it like to work at Amazon Web Services? Meet our Technical Account Managers:
- Find out more on the role as Marcelo speaks about working as a TAM: https://youtu.be/7AlXtC59oyM
Basic qualifications for the TAM/Senior TAM:
To be successful within the TAM role, we have a few minimum requirements, which include:
- Networking and connectivity skills: you will provide with examples of designs, implementations, or problem incidents you've led or been involved with.
- Strong Compute skills (Linux, Windows, Serverless, etc.): you will provide with examples of systems design, implementations, or complex troubleshooting/escalation/resolutions you've led or been a part of. If your examples involved other domains such as Security, Database, storage, etc. that is great.
- Customer facing / customer engagement experience. Dealing with external customers
- Areas you have been challenged technically, where you have learned new things and applied them to your situation, or applied your experience in new or unfamiliar areas.
Is there a remote option?
Please note that role has around 10-25% travel. This usually results in day visits/overnight stays depending on the customer request. The role is based in the location you have applied for and your customers will be based around this location. There is also a possibility to work virtually depending on a location.
To help with relocation, and where possible, Amazon will provide a relocation package, which includes help with transport of you/your family/belongings. More details will be provided at a later date.
What is the Salary range?
For now, I cannot give a definitive figure on salary, as that is determined by your experience and strength of interview if all goes well but I can tell you is the package includes a sign on bonus, pension, health insurance but best of all (substantial) shares in Amazon. So you will be well looked after if you decide to join our team.
What I am more than happy to do is confirm that we would be able to match your expectations, if you are comfortable sharing this confidentially.
What is the interview process?
We operate a 3 step process for the Technical Account Manager related roles which typically includes a
- Phone-screen 1: this interview will be highly technical and will assess your technical capabilities in line with the requirements for the role.
- Phone-screen 2: this interview will be with the hiring manager for the position and will be line with our Leadership Principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles)
- Onsite Interview day: This will require you to come onsite for one full day and meet with some members of the TAM team.
**Note - due to WHO guidelines on coronavirus outbreak in Europe, we will most likely conduct the final interviews remotely via teleconference**
What can you tell me about the current Coronavirus situation?
Please be assured that AWS are aware of the current global health crisis, and would like you to know that this will not impact anyone’s hiring ability. Our teams are actively working with candidates to provide you with flexibility, guidance and support throughout this process. For now, our interviews are conducted virtually to ensure the health and wellness of our employees and candidates.
Is English required?
Yes. AWS operates globally through the English language, and a working proficiency is required. However, please note that AWS has Amazonians from over 100 nationalities, most of whom speak English as their second language!
What is the first step?
Please send your CV via LinkedIn conversation and reach out to us on this platform should you have any questions.
I have sent you my CV, what now?
I will share your profile with relevant Hiring Managers for the role discussed, and any other open roles you might be a good fit for.
Due to the massive growing phase within AWS, it can take 1+ weeks for review. If our team is interested in beginning the interview process, they will contact you via the email on your CV with the details of the next step. You may receive this news via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so keep an eye on those junk/spam folders!
I am interested in another role instead, can you help?
Yes! Absolutely, simply send me the job ID on our website, amazon.com.jobs along with your CV, and I will reach out to the hiring manager for this role directly.
I am not interested but might be in the future, can I reach out to you?
Yes! I would love you to get in touch when you are ready.