What can you tell me about the current Coronavirus situation?
Please be assured that we at AWS are aware of the current global health crisis, and would like you to know that this will not impact anyone’s hiring ability. Our teams are actively working with candidates to provide you with flexibility and guidance throughout this process. For now, all our interviews are processed virtually to insure our employees and your health.
Can you give me more insights on the team?
We are building a new team of Database Developers and Software Development Engineers in our development center in Gdansk. The Database Migration Accelerator Team helps to minimize downtimes when migrating databases to AWS. SDE’s main job on the team will be to build new cloud based solutions to accelerate migrations, as well as research and design concept of a product. As this is a new team, you would have a great opportunity to make a huge impact on shaping the way of this team will be working.
Read more about AWS Database Migration Services.
Check out this short video about the team in Gdansk!
Is this a remote, contract or freelance position?
This position is an office based and permanent position in principle. This said, we are very flexible and would try to find a way to accommodate your needs. Please be aware that working from home is built into how we operate. We offer a relocation support package for candidates relocating to their potential new home city.
What is the salary range?
We like to open up the conversation around salary early on in the process so feel free to let me know what your expectations are and if need be we can have a conversation about it. While we offer a competitive package (including Amazon company shares), please be aware that we are offering a local Polish contract for this role, paid in PLN and liable to local taxes.
What does the interview process look like?
- Once you send your CV we will screen it and share it with the Hiring Managers to review.
- If successful, we invite you to complete a CODILITY coding assessment that you receive via email. Please make sure to check your junk folder as it could end up there.
- If successful, we invite you to a Phone Interview with a Software Engineer. Here we check your Coding skills once more in a Livecode exercise and ask cultural questions based on The Amazon Leadership Principles.
- If successful, we invite you to a virtual interview day with four to six interviewers.
- Here you will get to know potential team members and the Hiring Manager.
- Once you finish the final interview day, your responsible Recruiter will tell you the outcome of the interview within five business days.
Please note that we value feedback from our candidates and after the completed interview process we ask you to kindly complete a survey asking you about your interview experience. We review the feedback from our candidates on a regular basis to understand what’s working well and where there are areas of development.
Is English language required?
Yes! AWS operates globally with the English language. We are absolutely not expecting a perfect English level though. If you feel comfortable doing an interview in English, you are fine.
How should I send my CV?
Please send me your CV, ideally in PDF. Make sure to mention your full name, telephone number and email address. As we are an international team please send your CV in English.
I am not interested – what now?
No problem! I would be happy to get in contact with you again in the future. If this location or the job is not a fit for you, feel free to visit AWS Careers and let me know which job (including Job ID) would suit you better; I would be happy to share your CV with the relevant recruitment team.
I have another question!
I would be happy to answer your questions in our chat!