Amazon Web Services is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of customers currently leverage our cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
AWS isn’t a start-up, but that doesn’t stop us from acting like one. We set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pursue unexpected paths and try to see things differently. We don’t just sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we’re on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a company where every day is full of challenging and meaningful work.
We are looking for passionate and curious Software Engineers to join our new Database Migration Acceleration team.
The Database Migration Accelerator team help our customers migrate to the cloud. We are on a mission to transform legacy enterprise workloads into modern AWS native application architectures. We achieve this by utilizing cutting edge tools, sophisticated engineering systems and database expertise. We provide fixed price and high speed migrations to the cloud. Database Migration Accelerator is combining various AWS cloud platform services into one product which would serve to our customers. We are a team of professionals that are forward-looking and using latest technology offerings (AWS cloud services, relational and NoSQL databases) to build new capability to operationalise and automate migration methodologies. Databases Services at AWS covers a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide.
We have an interesting opportunity for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about developing new offering for the cloud and are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to real-world problems.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as a Software Development Engineer gives you the opportunity to:
- Work for a company that’s at the forefront of the cloud computing space.
- Be involved in the fast growing managed services space and learn from the experts.
- Truly Own solution from concept design through development to production.
- Join the team whose activities are regularly called out publicly by our CEO.
As a SDE on Our Team You Will:
- Build new cloud based solutions to accelerate migrations.
- Research and design concept of a product.
- Redesign and architect applications from working with old fashioned engine to an AWS native engine.
- Work closely with database developer team members to ensure good quality and scalability.
- Analyse existing application architectures to determine the most appropriate migration strategies.
- Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Collaborate efficiently with other teams to deliver impactful projects.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture and engineering.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working on large scale code bases for web services, applications or other software components.
- Proficiency in software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Understanding systems design and scalability concepts.
- Experience in AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems.
- Knowledge of either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle and either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Ability to break down complex concepts into easily understood frameworks and models.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and other stakeholders.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
View all the roles we are hiring for in Gdansk on Amazon.jobs, our global career site.
Here, you can directly apply for any roles you think would be suitable to your skill-set.
By joining the Talent Community, your CV and info will go directly to our team recruiting for Gdansk.
You can both apply directly and register for the Talent Community. (Our team may even think you are suitable for a role you haven't seen).
Our team places huge value on work-life balance. We are a global team, based in the US and Poland.
Sometimes our Poland teams start a little later in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with US teams.
Inclusive team culture
We get to build a really cool service and the main contributing factor to our success is the inclusive culture that we embody every day.
We welcome teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, and motivated to collaborate with a diverse team of peers.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers mentor junior engineers through one-on-ones and collaborative code reviews.
Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.