AWS Careers 2020

Welcome to AWS, Zurich

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 8 of 13

Tax, pay & finances If you move to Switzerland, you must register at your local office of resident services (Einwohnerdienste or Centre du contrôle des habitants) within 14 days of arriving. If you stay and are employed for more than three months, you will need to apply for a residence permit with your local cantonal authority (Einwohnerdienste or Centre du contrôle des habitants). Employees have to be registered at the place of residence as soon as possible (e. g. in Zurich new starts must be registered within 14 days after moving to Zurich). The documents/information required for setting up a new start is as followed: • completed joiner sheet • copy of working contract Tax: People from abroad working in Switzerland have tax deducted directly from their income (tax at source). Foreigners who live in Switzerland and have a residence permit (permit C), however, need to declare their income and assets in a standard tax return. While federal government income taxes are low, Swiss employees must also pay cantonal, commune, and municipal taxes. Switzerland's tax year runs from the 1st January until December 31st. Employers file tax returns by January 31 of the following year, and resident employees must file their returns (along with any taxes owed) by March. Specific filing requirements vary by canton. This website will help you to calculate your tax based on what canton you live in: tax-calculator/

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of AWS Careers 2020 - Welcome to AWS, Zurich